How to Place an Order
So you've decided to buy a promotional product! Here are the steps to placing your order. If you're unsure of anything or just want to talk with someone about any step of the ordering process, you can always write or call us and we'll be glad to help you navigate the process.
- Decide what your imprint is going to be. Depending on the imprint area and printing method, you could include your logo, a tagline, or some other promotional message. Be creative and make it memorable and appropriate for your target audience.
- If you're going to create the artwork yourself or with the help of your designer, make sure to get the imprint area and imprinting method for the product from us first. If a template is available for the item, we will provide it for you to use for designing purposes. For acceptable formats, please read our Artwork Specifications page. When the artwork is ready, you can send it using our upload page.
- If you need DKG to produce the artwork, ask your Promotional Advisor for an estimate. In most cases, simply taking your correctly-formatted logo and sizing it or adding text is a free service we provide. More complex artwork, or art that requires many versions, is subject to a moderate artwork charge. Generally, a vector-based EPS or PDF version of your logo will be sufficient to begin. For additional information about artwork submissions, please read our Artwork Specifications. If your logo is ready, you can send it using our upload page.
- If you haven't already done so, let your Promotional Advisor know what product you're buying, color choices for the product (if available) and imprint color(s), the quantity, delivery address (if different than your billing address), and desired in-hands date. We will then send you a confirmation sales order and the artwork for your approval.
- Proof the artwork and make sure the sales order matches what you're ordering. Once you approve them, email or fax them back to us and production will begin.
- Once your order has shipped, you will receive package tracking information and a final invoice.
- Upon receipt of your order, it's a good idea to check it to make sure everything is in order. Things to look out for are the imprint quality, the item quality, the quantity, and any damage to packaging. Report any discrepancies or problems to your Promotional Advisor as soon as possible.